Friday, December 30, 2011

Noah Mark Freeman, part 1

I want to begin with the more exciting part of this whole experience--Noah's actual birth. Forgive me for skipping all the labor part--no need to bore you through those details! Let's get to the good stuff!

Noah Mark Freeman was born on December 20, 2011 at 6:13 p.m. He was perfect and yanked out with forceps. Mom was grateful for her epidural :)
 We couldn't believe he was 9 pounds 5 ounces. Because my fluid levels were so high, they thought he was a smaller baby just swimming around in there. There was a whole lot of fluid, and a whole lot of baby, apparently! He is, after all, his father's child.
 When he was placed on my chest, I couldn't believe what I saw. He was more handsome and perfect than I had ever imagined.
 Daddy was so proud of him. He trotted around the room like it was his most prized possession--and let's be honest...our Noah is!

 Here is the man who made a vaginal delivery possible--THANK YOU DR. JUDD! He really does have skills with those forceps. He got Noah out in less than 15 minutes.
 Taken December 21st.
 This was before all the chaos. I loved snuggling him. We were starting to get a little worried that he had only eaten 2 solid times and had only one bowel movement. He didn't act uncomfortable though, so we didn't worry too much. It was very soon, however, that he got an x-ray on his stomach and was also examined by the pediatrician. I got the phone call that Noah needed to be transported to Utah Valley's NICU.
 And then the nightmare began!
 This is me saying bye to him before they loaded him up in the ambulance to go to Utah Valley's NICU for tests. It was awful. I had to stay back to get fully discharged from the hospital. My mom was with me, luckily. Not knowing what was wrong with my baby brought on a swarm of terrifying emotions that I don't wish on anyone!
And this was just the beginning of all the pokes and pricks this brand new baby of mine had to endure!

When I'm a little more recovered from it all, I'll share the rest of the story. That sounds a bit dramatic...haha, but we'll see.


  1. Cried my way through both posts, yep. You have such an amazing, strong family. We love you guys! And I love the pictures, keep them coming!!!! Prayers you get to take little Noah home tomorrow!

  2. Glad he is on the road to recovery and going home. My 2nd was in the NICU for a week and was a level 3 her first day and on a respirator. It was so hard to leave the hospital without a baby in my arms. I'm so glad things have been quickly resolved for Noah. Congratulations on him!

  3. I loved the look on Marks face when Noah was placed on your chest :) Priceless. I'm so sorry you and your new little family had to go through that! I'm glad he's recovering and that he is now home. Congratulations on your new bundle of joy :) Love you cousin!